Sunday, June 20, 2010

Searching in Twitter

I had an experience to search using Twitter search engine http://search.twitter.com/ and AskOnTwitter http://www.askontwitter.com/index.php on Sunday, 20 June 2010 - a day of presidential elections in Poland.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of tweets, these positive and negative. The search results are very similar: the similar number of hits and in similar order. However Twitter search engine shows time of the posting (e.g. 2 minutes ago) while AskOnTwitter does not. I consider it disadvantage of AskOnTwitter as it is quite important aspect of such a hot topic like presidential elections.

I spent some time watching new tweets coming on the subject of elections in Poland. Some tweets encouraged participation, some were negative towards politics and politicians, as you would expect in any society... I believe Twitter plays an interesting role in these elections and shows the dynamics in the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment