Saved in the cloud...
I uploaded a MSWord document to GoogleDocs and ... what a disappointment...
Graphics have gone! Bullet points changed, bold and italic changed as well, Monotype corsiva font transformed into Verdana! Thanks God the table is still in the same place!...
I believe GoogleDocs are great idea for simple documents, word, spreadsheet, and simple PowerPoint slides. With Internet access in many places, business people, students, teachers, everyone, may work on the document collaboratively, if the content is more important than a layout, fonts, etc.
I used GoogleDocs few times while working on a project in a group and thoroughly enjoyed this application.
In a library computer centre environment, it is a good solutions for computer users. The only challenge is the time and people willingness to learn something new.
In my experience I had encountered few customers who were very suspicious about this application and did not want to use it. Well, I did my best to clear out any doubts. The choice is individual.
No comments:
Post a Comment